- Start Outlook.
- On the File menu, click Info and click Account Settings.
- Select Account Settings from the list.
- On the E-mail tab, click New and select Email Account, and then click Next.
- Click to select the Manually configure server settings or additional server types check box and click Next.
- Click Internet E-Mail, and then click Next.
- In the Server Information section, select IMAP for Account Type.
- In the Your Name box, enter your name exactly as you want it to appear to recipients.
- In the E-mail Address box, type your e-mail address.
- In the User Name box, type your account name.
- In the Password box, type your password.
- In the Incoming mail server box, type mail.yourdomain.co.za. (Replace yourdomain.co.za with your actual domain name)
- In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box, type mail.yourdomain.co.za. (Replace yourdomain.co.za with your actual domain name)
- Then click the “More Settings” button.
- Click the “Outgoing Server” tab.
- Check the box that says “My Outgoing Server(SMTP) Requires Authentication”. Click “OK”.
- Click Next after you have completed entering this configuration information, and then click Finish.
About the Author